Weeks old: 38
I like: Water (but only out of someone else’s cup), standing up, biting mummy, boobs – especially if I get to put the boob in my mouth myself, dancing to Shake Your Booty
Mummy is learning: That I am going to constantly injure myself for the next 5 years…
I have survived my first week back at work and it was okay. These are some things that happened.
- I thought I was tired before but I am so much more tired now. Coffee is my friend.
- I found it hard to start, focus on one thing and then finish it. I have become very used to switching from one task to another every five minutes.
- I thought about what Little O might be doing without me… a lot.
- After a couple of days I realised that I had not forgotten everything, that my brain still works and that I have lots to contribute.
- I realised that I actually have very little to talk about other than Little O these days, which is probably boring my work friends but I don’t care.
- I felt guilty that I wasn’t at home.
- Little O was fine without me but he was super excited when I got home every day and not just because of boobs.
- I realised I am probably going to miss out on a lot of his firsts and have to learn about some of his likes and dislikes from Mr O and that made me quite sad.
All in all, being back has been a positive thing. It has been very different from what being at work was like before I was a mum. I am much more conscious about what time I arrive and leave and things like offsite meetings and after work drinks are possibly a huge mission and probably an impossibility for the time being. What I can say though is that Mr O has been amazing at helping me conserve my energy and keeping our household running like clockwork. I am a lucky lady.
And now I leave you with evidence that there is one person on earth who enjoys my singing.