I really am very much feeling the love over here… since the second award I’ve been nominated for is The Liebster Award. This time I was nominated by the lovely Amy over at Oh! That Film Blog: http://ohthatfilmblog.wordpress.com/, where she muses about all things film. Thank-you, Amy!
1. Post the Liebster Award graphic on your site.
2. Thank the blogger who nominated your blog.
3. The nominee is asked to write 11 facts about themselves.
4. Answer the 11 questions from the post of the person who nominated them.
5. The nominee will nominate 9 other blogs.
6. The nominee will then create 11 questions of their own for their nominated bloggers to answer in their Liebster post.
Facts about me:
1. I grew up in Johannesburg, South Africa but moved to London 9 years ago.
2. I speak Afrikaans fluently.
3. I met my husband on Match.com, that thing they say about it leading to marriages… it’s true.
4. I really, really, really don’t like birds. I can’t understand why people would keep them as pets with their scaly feet… eew.
5. I studied Public Relations at University and graduated first in my class despite the fact that I hated every second of it.
6. My most embarrassing star spot involves me shouting at Ben Affleck and him running down the road away from me.
7. My best star spot was Bill Nighy, who I had a lovely chat with.
8. I had never been been overseas before I moved to London.
9. I have one younger brother named Peter who lives in Cape Town.
10. I am obsessed with polka dots and have clothes, throws, kitchenware, stationary and pretty much anything you can imagine covered in them.
11. My most prized possession is my engagement ring, which I inherited from my great grandmother.
Questions from the person who nominated me:
1. You are stranded on a desert island and have one book, one film and one album with you. What are they?
Film: Everything Is Illuminated
Album: Lucy Gray by Envy on The Coast
Book: The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
2. What was the first poster you ever put on your bedroom wall?
I think it was Kylie Minogue when I was about 8… oh the shame.
3. Do you have any tattoos? If so, what are they?
A skull wrapped in hibiscus flowers on my stomach
The words: “It’s in the blood” on the inside of my left forearm
The words: “I’m not afraid, at least not to die. I’m afraid to live and not remember why” on my right calf
A jukebox on my right upper arm
A star on my right forearm
4. What is your favourite TV show of all time?
The Fast Show
5. If you could compete in the Olympic games, in which sport would you partake?
6. What was the best concert you have ever attended?
Gogol Bordello at the Hammersmith Apollo
7. You are participating in a reality show in which three strangers come to your house and you must cook them a three course meal and be scored for it. What are you rustling up?
I’d do a goat’s cheese, beetroot and toasted pumpkin seed salad to start, followed by ginger soy salmon with sticky rice and stir fry veg and then a white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake.
8. If you could have played the lead role in any film that has ever been released, who would you be?
The Bride in Kill Bill.
9. What was/is your favourite subject at school, and why?
History. I had an amazing teacher. She used to get us so excited about happenings in the past.
10. If you were to liken yourself to a cartoon character, in looks or in personality, which one would it be?
Dot from the Animaniacs.
11. Do you have any phobias? If so, which ones?
I’m scared of heights… and birds… *shudder* but not at a level that could be described as a phobia.
Questions for my nominees
1. What’s the first film you remember seeing and loving?
2. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?
3. What is your favourite fictional love story (film, literature, whatever)?
4. What song do you play if you need to pump yourself up to face something daunting?
5. Tea or coffee?
6. Which Game of Thrones family would you belong to?
7. Where’s the strangest place you’ve ever woken up?
8. If you could invent a machine to do one household task, what would it do?
9. If your personality was a hat, what kind of hat would it be?
There you go guys, if you have time for it go ahead and have fun with this. I would love it if you left me the links to your Liebster posts in the comments of this post and thanks again to Amy.